Essential tools for real-time performance monitoring, issue identification and resolution, rules-based event management, data repository and reporting
Surveillance DB™ for SAP HANA provides best-in-class database monitoring and event management technology to ensure optimum availability for simple to complex IT infrastructures. Utilizing real-time monitoring, unattended event management, and historical data analysis tools, IT professionals have the ability to capture comprehensive views of overall health, and perform comprehensive drill-downs to identify and eliminate operational and performance bottlenecks.
See this Surveillance Flash Overview for Enterprise Systems
Key capabilities for SAP HANA database includes:
- Health Window, providing monitoring of CPU usage (User / System / Wait), volume I/O per second, physical memory usage, memory components (in column store, row store, metadata, etc.), and instance information (name, version, core count, startup time, etc.)
- Top Column Store Tables
- By Actual Memory Usage, Estimated Usage, Delta Usage, or Delta %.
- Status / progress on delta merges and full / partial loads.
- Memory breakdown (main, delta, history main, history delta).
- Currently Running
- Statements with full and easy-to-get SQL and SQL plans.
- Delta merges and loads on column store tables.
- Operations and transactions.
- Space Usage
- Memory (overall, column store tables, service memory).
- Each disk and volume, data vs. log, aggregated over all disks.
- Transactions (log size, redo, undo).
- Connections (network I/O, app tier, login, current SQL and SQL plan, etc.)